Best paired with Umm's signature body oil, the Kansa Wand relieves muscle pains and helps release tension from your mind and body.
Sourced and hand-made by artisans from India, this wooden-handled massage tool is made with a pure bronze Kansa metal tip (Lead-free alloy of copper and tin) and a natural wood made of teak. Traditionally used in Ayurvedic massage practices because of its alkalizing, anti-inflammatory, detoxification, and anti-aging benefits, the Kansa Wand is used for massaging the whole body, feet & face.
The Benefits of Kansa Wand in the Body
- Recirculates prana or internal energy
- Relieves all types of body aches
- Relaxes the body and the mind
Values & Social Impact
Clean ingredients, Plant-based, Fair trade, Paraben-free, Cruelty-free, Ayurveda, Eco-friendly, Small batch, Handcrafted, AAPI-owned, Women-owned, Minority-owned
UMM donates 5% of their profit from every purchase to charitable organizations that support pet rescue, environmental causes, rescue, rehabilitation and education for underprivileged children. Organizations they’ve supported include American Cancer Society, Sannihita, and Globalteer.
Why you’ll love UMM Skincare
Born and raised in a traditional South Indian household, UMM’s founder, Anisha, moved to the U.S and pursued an ambitious, and exhausting career in tech. After feeling burned out, she decided to connect back with her roots and adopted an ayurvedic lifestyle, which is built on the belief system that health is synchrony of mind, body, and the natural world.
Now, Anisha is helping people around her to achieve good skin health by working internally and externally in tandem and to increase quality of life through Ayurvedic herbal blends and skin care products.
Shop all UMM Skincare products
How to use the Kansa wand?
Kansa wand massage on the face:
- Apply the body oil all over your face.
- Place the wand at the center of your forehead and glide it smoothly in a circular manner. Repeat the pattern until the entire area has been covered. This motion enables the blood on your head to flow properly, making you feel gradually relaxed.
- Change pattern by moving the wand in a parallel motion across the forehead. It’s like you’re pushing the wand from the inner portion moving to the hairline. This pattern has to be uniform with a light force. It makes detoxification possible while leaving the skin rejuvenated and toned.
Kansa wand massage on the body:
- Start with applying the body oil on the area of your body you wish to massage.
- On your neck, move the Kansa up and down, starting on the right side of your neck where a lot of tension is held. Then, move to the right shoulder and work on it.
- Moving on to your arms, rub the Kansa through the length of your arms from the base of the shoulder down to your hand. Repeat the motion.
- When working on your stomach, you could sit with your back straight or lie down. Move the Kansa over your belly in a clockwise manner. You could also go a bit deeper down to the lowest portion of the stomach. Repeat.
- Work on your legs by bringing one up at a time. Then, glide the Kansa from the inner leg going up to the thigh, moving to the outer portion.
- The last portion to work at is on your feet and toes. Making small rotations on each of your toes have beneficial effects on your internal organs.
Cleaning your Kansa wand:
Use a chemical-free soap to wash the metal dome part of the wand. Rinse with cold water & dry it with a towel.
*Price does not include the Body Oil, its for Kansa Wand only*