Pair this kit with the classic Fish: The Complete Guide to Buying and Cooking by Mark Bittman, for the perfect gift!
- 7 small hexagon magnetic jars for your fridge
- Durable glass jars are reusable
- Filled with organic seasonings
- Airtight lids to keep spices fresh
- Silver lids hand-stamped with spice names
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Internal barrier between magnet and spices
- Certified organic, kosher + fair trade seasonings included in this set:
- BAY - A relative of old Bay seasoning—this spice is formulated especially for seafood and crabs. Mix with butter and dip in the meat. Or, add to water during cooking. It has a tangy and sweet flavor. My favorite use is to mix it in a little in tuna salad with some lemon juice.
- CAJUN - Famed in Southern cuisine, this fiery and savory blend of spices is great for barbeques, seafood, beans, rice, soup, and Creole-style dishes. A heavily protected recipe—this blend tries to replicate its spiciness with a little habanero salt!
- GRILL RUB - This recipe is similar to a Western rub for enhancing Pacific coast fish! Oil up the fish, rub on the surface, and through on the grill. These coarse herbs and spices will hold up well to the direct flame. No salt added.
LEMON PEPPER - This piquant and invigorating seasoning blend has just the right zest to add a memorable flavor to seafood. Lemon Pepper seasoning has a well-rounded flavor that will not disrupt the taste, color, or texture of your dishes. You can use it to marinate fish or as a rub for the grill.
- SALISH SMOKED SALT - Referring to the Puget Sound, Salish comes from the Native Americans first to inhabit the great Pacific Northwest. Red Alderwood has been used to smoke salmon and meats for hundreds of years, making it a Northwest tradition.
- HERBES DE PROVENCE - From the birthplace of Gastronomy and fine cooking comes to this flavorful and floral blend used for most dishes that need a "high-lifting" flavor. Adds festive floral to seemingly bland dishes and is best reserved for soma pastas, fish, soup, and most seafood.
- WEST INDIES CURRY - An intoxicating and alluring blend, which has been popularized by traditional Caribbean dishes, and is best in stir fry entrees, on fish, and as a seasoning base for gumbo. Sweet with just a little bit of spice!
Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall; and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. These jars are smaller than traditional spice containers; smaller amounts of spice stay fresh.
- Jars are made to stick to your fridge or any steel surface. Purchase a mini wall plate if you need to store jars on a backsplash.
Introducing Gneiss Spice
Gneiss Spice makes cooking fun and easy by eliminating kitchen clutter with their plastic-free magnetic spice jars. Sustainably designed and ethically sourced, these spice jars are designed to hang on your fridge so your spices will stay organized and always be within arm’s reach.
Values & Social Impact
Gneiss Spice prides itself on being a sustainable brand that reduces single-use plastics and kitchen waste. The brand is widely known for giving back to their community by paying employees a living wage and investing profits into fighting local food insecurity.
About the Founder
Founder Beth Weisberger used to actively avoid the avalanche of spices that piled high in her cabinets until she decided to do something about it. Beth set out to design her own solution and created Gneiss Spice so everyone could transform their kitchen mess into a perfectly organized spice system.