MASALA DABBA | Indian Spice Kit with 24 Filled Magnetic Jars
There are two things you need to start cooking Indian food—spices and tadka.
Tadka translates as "tempering." It is a method in which whole or ground spices are heated in hot oil or ghee, then added to a dish (or as a base). Hot fat has an amazing ability to extract and retain the essence, aroma, and flavor of spices and herbs and then carry this essence with them. You must use high-heat fat, such as ghee. Spices can go from sizzling and flavorful to scorched in seconds! If you burn the spices, no worries—just throw them out and try again. Whole spices will take 30 seconds, keep stirring the pan for even cooking. Ground spices will bloom in seconds, so have your next ingredients ready!
What makes Gneiss Spice magnetic jars different?
- Industrial-grade, durable glass
- Strong magnets keep jars from sliding
- Airtight silver lids keep spices fresh
- A certified food-safe barrier between magnets and spices
- Masala Dabba Kit Includes:
- Durable magnetic jars for the fridge
- 24 certified organic spices
- Choose small or large size jars
- Clear 1” labels for glass bottoms
- Optional: Add a wall plate of your choice
- Spices included in Masala Dabba Kit:
- Ajwain (seed)
- Amchur (Mango Powder)
- Bay Leaf
- Cardamom (Pods)
- Chaat Masala
- Cloves (Whole)
- Coriander (Seed)
- Cumin (Seed)
- Curry (Leaves)
- Fennel (Seed)
- Fenugreek (Seed)
- Garam Masala
- Hing (Asafoetida)
- Kala Namak (Black Salt)
- Kashmiri (Chile Powder)
- Kasoori Methi
- Black Mustard (Seed)
- Nigella (Seed)
- Nutmeg (Whole)
- Peppercorns (Whole)
- Saffron (2.0 gram, fills 1/2 jar small jar)
- Small jars measure 1.75” wide by 2” tall and hold a shy 1/4 cup volume. Large jars measure 2.5" x 2.5" tall and hold a heaping 1/2 cup volume.
This eco-friendly brand is ready to spice up your kitchen storage!
Introducing Gneiss Spice
Gneiss Spice makes cooking fun and easy by eliminating kitchen clutter with their plastic-free magnetic spice jars. Sustainably designed and ethically sourced, these spice jars are designed to hang on your fridge so your spices will stay organized and always be within arm’s reach.
Values & Social Impact
Gneiss Spice prides itself on being a sustainable brand that reduces single-use plastics and kitchen waste. The brand is widely known for giving back to their community by paying employees a living wage and investing profits into fighting local food insecurity.
About the founder
Founder Beth Weisberger used to actively avoid the avalanche of spices that piled high in her cabinets until she decided to do something about it. Beth set out to design her own solution and created Gneiss Spice so everyone could transform their kitchen mess into a perfectly organized spice system.